Go Back   SFX > SFX > PC and video games

Old 24-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Guardian Of The Galaxy

Default Re: Mass Effect 3

At that rate, you won't complete 2 before 3 comes out!
Old 24-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Sentinel Of The Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrixtwigs View Post
I managed to bork up my Xbox ID at some point so i'm currently replaying Mass Effect and hoping to also get through ME2 before i play 3.

Of course, i'm the sort of obsessive that cant just churn through the main storyline and i spent about 2 hours running around the citadel last night scanning keepers and doing random side quests. haha. So i may be some time :/
let me put it like this - I wanted to try out the Widow sniper rifle in ME2. my first step? go back to me1 and create an infiltrator and run her through the entire game and sidequests, just so she'd be fully set up for me2.

I really should go back and finish of my ME1 renegade character (dropped as soon as I got the renegade 75% achievement), but I really did NOT like some of the choices you're given as renegade.

Silver figure, the fire burns, purifies through the tragedy. See, A shiver deep, runs through the flesh and blood - penetrates
Old 24-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Guardian Of The Galaxy

You're definitely a Paragon in real life, aren't you windknight?
Old 24-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Eternal Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonG View Post
You're definitely a Paragon in real life, aren't you windknight?
You can ask any Tom, Dick or Stanley, and they'll tell you whose team they prefer to be on.

But yeah, I'm the same; I try to be as diplomatic as possible, which can be really hard in Bioware games, as most of the time the characters are all shades of grey.
Old 24-02-2012, 12:18 PM
King Of The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veela Magnet View Post
But yeah, I'm the same; I try to be as diplomatic as possible, which can be really hard in Bioware games, as most of the time the characters are all shades of grey.
My Dragon Age characters are always gray because i just love the saracastic middle ground responses I've been running a Male!Hawke as a badass but i'm finding the voice acting/writing more funny than intimidating.
Old 24-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Eternal Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrixtwigs View Post
My Dragon Age characters are always gray because i just love the saracastic middle ground responses I've been running a Male!Hawke as a badass but i'm finding the voice acting/writing more funny than intimidating.
Yeah, that purple "theatre comedy" mask icon was showing a lot of wear and tear by the end of my DA2 playthrough!

In a way I do kinda wish they wouldn't signpost the general vibe of responses the way they did in DA2; it makes the decisions a little too easy to figure out, and more like a "choose your own adventure", rather than making a conscious decision to say a particular thing to a particular character, who might not take too kindly to a sarcastic comment...
Old 24-02-2012, 11:46 PM

I found the opposite problem sometimes in ME1 and 2... I'd pick something to say, and find what my shepherd actually said was quite different in tone and attitude, and not what I'd wanted.

its a bit like the very long renegade prompt during Mordins loyalty quest. the way it focuses on the gas tank makes it look like your going to cause a big boom while the windbag krogan is in full flow, but instead you get a silly bond one liner, and all you do is immolate the krogan, killing just one of the enemies, and doing so in what feels more like a cruel and mean spirited manner.

Silver figure, the fire burns, purifies through the tragedy. See, A shiver deep, runs through the flesh and blood - penetrates
Old 27-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Eternal Champion

Getting closer now. Think I'll run out of time to complete the run I started as a female shephard at the weekend before 3 hits.

So it suspect I'll go back to the epic tale of Orson Shephard (named after Unicron, er Mr Wells) before running back through it again.

Intrigued to hear that the Illusive Man is going to be key to the story.
Old 27-02-2012, 07:07 PM

My theory is he betrays you for one of two reasons - if your paragon, you are essentially representing a pan galactic alliance - humanity as part of the galactic community, not in charge of it, which is not his goals.

Renegade is instead setting up a humanity dominated galactic community, with Cerberus, and the person in charge of it, as the force in charge of humanity overall. And Mr Man has realised that a renegade Sheperd probably isn't going to settle for being second in command, and is acting to 'protect' his position.

Old 27-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Master Of The Universe

I've just played through the Arrival as a precursor to ME3. It is shoddy. Glad I didn't try it until after the ME3 demo or I might not have bothered!