Go Back   SFX > SFX > Miscellaneous SF stuff

Old 15-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Default Re: "Hello! I am shamelessly pimping my stuff!"

You may be interested to know that the Murky Depths site has been reimaged.

http://www.murkydepths.com
Old 16-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Guardian Of The Galaxy

Hey! Crowd-funding is a go for Operation: Steampunk at Cannes

And we want it to be awesome

We are: Steve Turnbull, Writer-Producer (look, ma, I'm a hyphenate) and Chris Payne, Director. For the past two years we've been developing our 8-part steampunk web series called "WINTER".

WINTER is set in an alternative "hard steampunk" universe in 1910 on the eve of the Modern War.

It's a dark love triangle between a soldier PETER WENLOCK, a young girl, TALIA, and her scientist father, THEODORE WINTER - and if that sounds ominously disturbing, well, it is. But not in the way you think. It's worse.

Hard Steampunk? What's that then? It's a term that Chris is pretty sure he's coined, meaning steampunk without fantasy elements where science works exactly as it does in the real world - except with one major difference: anti-gravity was discovered by Tesla.

What's special about WINTER? It's live action, but with completely CGI backlot - if you've seen Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow or Sin City, it's like that. But we're doing it on a tiny budget in comparison but with the same quality of result.

We suddenly have the opportunity to get to Canne (the most prestigious Film Festival in the world) with a view to finding investors to make it easier for us to make this happen.

To be honest we only found out on April 8th. And Cannes starts on May 16th.

Suddenly we're in high gear. We were already planning a test shoot on May 6th - Scene 8 - so that's what we're still doing but with all the trimmings. Full CGI, full costume, all the effects in place.

And if we succeed in shooting Scene 8 of WINTER with all the trimmings you'll be able to see how awesome it's going to be.

We're doing the main shoot in September which means that this time next year you'll be able to see the web series you made possible - and it'll be released free online for everyone who loves steampunk and a good story well told.

"Where am I? Can I burn things?"

Follower of the Mightly Rolled Fig
Old 23-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Hello - !

I've got a non-profit super-bizarre Dr Who-related small press comic anthology on the go -

It's mental, colourful and features some of the best creators of the British Small Press - and our current issue has a cover by 2000ad legend Colin MacNeil - OBSERVE

BLIMEY! More previews of art and stuff can be seen on our official Facebook page - We'll be selling at Bristol and Thought Bubble this year. And possibly others depending on what submerges.

Unfortunately we're not running an issue next year but I AM looking for submissions for my next small press project THE PSYCHEDELIC JOURNAL OF TIME TRAVEL which is going to be twenty times as weird. More details here

Thanks for letting me pimp - and, uh, to any SFX editorial folk I'm the jerk who sent you this a billion years ago

Old 02-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Default Dead Girls the 8-comic series

Dead Girls #2 will be launched shortly. You might find it strange that the covers below - they are all by guest artists - suddenly jump to #7 (not available until September 2013). That's because Martin Baines had a window to work in and made the most of it. And I wouldn't want to hide such a gorgeous cover (but aren't they all) for so long.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:45 AM
Guardian Of The Galaxy

Hello Earlybirds! Or really really late birds.. We're off to shoot Scene 8 of Winter in a little while. We should be socially active on all channels throughout the day so keep an eye out.

#winter8 #steampunk #webseries #scriptchat

For general info on this project, have a look at http://www.indiegogo.com/winter-scene-8

Alright! Let's break some legs!

"Where am I? Can I burn things?"

Follower of the Mightly Rolled Fig
Old 10-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Ooook, not really pimping my stuff but I am looking for ideas, lol.

SandWorld in Weymouth is a Sand Sculpture Park and in 2013 they are sculpting to a science fiction theme. They are looking for ideas!!
So far they have thought of the obvious, Star Wars, Dr Who etc but they are in need of an inspiration injection. HELP! Lol.

Any Suggestions?!?!?!?

vicky@sandworld.co.uk
Old 21-05-2012, 05:35 PM
God Of The Stratosphere

Since SFX is no longer associated with next year's Weekender, I believe it safe to pimp "other sci-fi events".

The event I'm pimping is one I'm only peripherally involved in as yet - The World Sci-fi Convention a.k.a. "Worldcon".
Worlcon is home to the Hugo Awards - Sci-Fi's version of the Oscars, and moves around the to a different city every year (mostly in the USA)

At this year's event, taking place in Chicago this August, voting will take place for the 2014 site.
The only entry received before the deadline for submissions (2nd March 2012) is London Excel.
Old 13-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Hello

I'm new here. In a comment on my blog it said I should tell your forum about my blog posts. So here I am.

Here's my post where I ask the questions when did the Doctor become a God? And has he gotten too powerful?

Or that that doesn't tickle your fancy I also wrote one about the wonderful episode Neil Gaiman wrote: The Doctor's Wife

I hope you guys enjoy them or at least enjoy picking them apart.
Old 15-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Since I've just seen the photo of my crocheted Star Wars figures in the SFXtra email newsletter, I thought I might as well come here and advertise!

I don't know how many SFX readers crochet, but if there are any out there you might be interested in my crochet patterns. I sell a selection of designs, many of them SF or fantasy related, including 13 Star Wars characters, Finn and Jake from Adventure Time, dragons, monsters and wizards.

You can buy the patterns here: http://www.lucyravenscar.etsy.com

I also have some free patterns available, including a set of Totoros and another dragon, find them here on my blog: http://lucyravenscar.blogspot.com/

Old 23-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Master Of The Universe

Not exactly pimping my stuff, just a forum I have posted on for a long time that has lost a lot of its regulars and could use a dose of new blood.

http://www.lonaf.com/forum/index.php

Its mostly a friendly place.

Mostly.