Go Back   SFX > SFX > SFX Weekender

Old 17-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Default Re: SFX Weekender 4 - What Do You Want to See?

Sing a long a South Park (bigger, longer and uncut).
Although, it may be advisable to make that post watershed.
Remember, in case there is doubt about its credentials, the children have to prevent a prophecy concerning the death of two innocent *ahem* canadians on american soil, allowing Satan to rise and rule the earth.
Old 23-04-2012, 06:45 PM
God Of The Stratosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt AREA 51 View Post
Maybe a little more AREA 51? here's our new video of the SFX WEEKENDER 2012;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DszgbLOtbw
Hey Matt

If I can be honest here I loved area 51 the first 2 years but this year was dull and was like a repeat of the last year. You blew me away with the whole Iron Man routine dancing girls but this year it was well MEH....

Do not take this as bad I just think honest feedback should be said. Also the dancing looked a bit off. Happy to see the same performers but change the routines pls. You have a repeat audience but we do not want a repeat act.

Next year try to wow us with routines that are up to date with something coming out. I had a bet with my buddies that the lovely ladies would be Captain America dancing girls but no it was well boring.

Anyway I still look forward to see you guys again.

Proud to be part of the Geek Syndicate. http://www.geeksyndicate.co.uk/
Old 29-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by montoc1701 View Post
Hey Matt

If I can be honest here I loved area 51 the first 2 years but this year was dull and was like a repeat of the last year. You blew me away with the whole Iron Man routine dancing girls but this year it was well MEH....

Do not take this as bad I just think honest feedback should be said. Also the dancing looked a bit off. Happy to see the same performers but change the routines pls. You have a repeat audience but we do not want a repeat act.

Next year try to wow us with routines that are up to date with something coming out. I had a bet with my buddies that the lovely ladies would be Captain America dancing girls but no it was well boring.

Anyway I still look forward to see you guys again.
Hey - no offence taken. We do try our best to vary stuff, but there are budget limits etc.. have to say tho - apart from the globot (and 1 dance routine in the imaginarium) all the routines were actually new! and with different costumes too! Maybe it's just that the format was too similar.. again, we have to certain things at certain times (opening etc) this year they wanted an Alien them, so we did a totally diiferent show for that, with a huge new alien queen. Much more involved than the iron man actually!

Captain America outfits sound like a good idea! I shall try to make this happen.. and if there are any ideas that anybody has, then we're all ears. Did a shout out last yr but had no response

Promise you there will be no repeats. This year we tried a much more intersting (I thought) cabaret-heavy imaginarium (we even built an imaginarium). And I shall make doubly sure that Kirsty (our choreographer) does better with her routines this time (ouch, she will hit me for that!). I have to say, I've seen some shots filimed by attendees and uploaded to Yotube, and they do not seem as tight as usual. I know they we super-tired, but we have to tighten up there.

Matt
Old 01-05-2012, 02:25 PM
God Of The Stratosphere

Matt,

Building on the Captain America idea, how about an Avengers theme at point...movie is proving to be a massive hit so why not go for something with each of the dancers as one of the group and then have a Giant Hulk (akin to the Alien Queen idea)

Also I missed the Imaginarium this year as my group finally made it to the blastermind quiz at the 3rd time of trying, but I did attend both of the previous years. I've never had any complaints with the show you manage to put on as I completely understand how difficult it must be to plan and choreograph so many different ideas, however the others in my group have said that they felt that the dancing seemed to have too much freestyling by each of the ladies and as such can came across as disorganised when they did.

Again please don't take that personally, because as a repeat geekender attendee I fully appreciate what you manage to put on.....oh and THANK YOU for no evil clowns this year...I am ashamed to say they freaked me out each time I saw them at Camber Sands

It's the survival of the human race, Plissken. Something you don't give a s*** about.

You are fined one-half credit for a sotto voce violation of the Verbal Morality Statute

Facebook

Tweet Tweet
Old 04-05-2012, 11:48 PM
King Of The World

@ Matt re Montoc - I was sat with Montoc for most of the weekend as we drove up togeher and shared a room; everytime we mentioned Area 51 he started drooling, so please don't mistake his "constructive criticism" for the concerted attempt to get phone numbers that it is... :-)

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..."
Old 05-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Just seen the Area 51 guys & gals on Britains Got Talent, I hope the fame's not gonna go to your heads and make you leave us lowly little SFXers behind

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Define "interesting".

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

add me on Facebook
Old 06-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Perhaps we could have some of the people from Big Finish's Dark Shadows so that we can have discussion about Being Human's vampire, werewolf and ghost and Dark Shadow's vampire, werewolf and ghost ??
Old 07-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

shameless begging letter - VOTE AREA 51 TOMORROW NIGHT (TUESDAY) ON BRITAINS GOT TALENT! Please tell all your mates - it could be the biggest shock in the history of the show - GO GEEKS!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Important announcement here
Old 10-05-2012, 02:32 PM
God Of The Stratosphere

Don't wanna go now . I may cancel my booking. It was shambolic this year and the sfx team worked hard to keep it going. We're ducked without them.

So... Who do you kill for fun around here?

It was easy to be a vegetarian by day. It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian at night that took the real effort.

Hammond thinks we need some socio-political nerd to offset our overall coolness