Go Back   SFX > SFX > PC and video games

Old 27-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Guardian Of The Galaxy

Default Re: Battlefield 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeyjay View Post
the 417 is the 7.62mm version of the 416 so it's a battle rifle really (like the G3) but I guess this'll be a long barrel variant and they'll treat it like an automatic marksman rifle.
The 417 was designed with the marksman role in mind unlike most other 7.62mm rifles.

I don't get why they have the 16 inch SCAR-L and 416 in the assault rifle category. They're both technically carbines and there are longer barrelled versions available.

As I said the other night I hope they put Mil Mi-24/25/35 helicopters into Armoured Kill so flying transport helicopters won't be so boring. There's even a similar, though much less common, US helicopter the MH-60 Direct Action Penetrator.

Old 27-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Ruler Of Mars

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...its-brain.html

Wrong Thread but funny!
Old 27-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Sentinel Of The Solar System

whle it's always good playing with you guys that was a shocking night of battlefield !

Old 28-04-2012, 08:57 AM

Sorry guys after my first game it was all downhill. Too tired, one shot deaths and my aim all over the place.
Didnt trust myself on mike.

Soz

PSN Gamercards
Old 28-04-2012, 10:42 AM

it weren't great wad, though won a few it was more down to teams going for kills rather than defending, we had one good defend on canals and the attacks were walkovers pretty boring.

we then ended up looking for a conquest server and i picked what i thought was a dice server and was actually a big ticket spawn camping session.

which we then got put on the camped side next round and slogged our way through seine crossing getting pounded and mozz von and i were doing our best to no avail.

to top it off the admins were cheating and kicking the top players off the enemy side when we started to make a fight of it happenned to two people and then mozzy gets kicked by admin as well , what a bunch of losers

i was doing pretty bad then broke out the dart and was waiting to be kicked but by then it was over

got the shotgun medal but wasn't much fun. well done to von for putting up with my whinging.

Old 28-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Guardian Of The Galaxy

I had to bail last night. I was so bad I couldn't have hit the broad side of a barn with a nuke.

Old 29-04-2012, 11:02 PM

hardcore givith and hardcore taketh away.

good games dave and our new friend robits

actually enjoyed the tdms more today as well

trying to go cold turkey on the mass dart isn't helping mind

Old 02-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Ruler Of Mars

Tried joining a couple of times last night but ur team was always full and no one was capping or disarming. To be honest not liking HC if ur gettingwupped its spawn/die/spawn/die/spawn/die......

Alo does HC affect the lock on of missles i was trying to shoot down the guys hogging the planes but missles took forever to lock on by which time they went out of range.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:41 AM

hi mozz

it usually takes me up to 3 matches to get used to hardcore then it's quite fun. yesterday first game i was like 6 and 18 but by the end got a couple of mvps (though one was on the losing side)

the perks on vehicles make a difference if they have stealth on then it does take longer to get a lock maybe that was the cause.

Old 02-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Guardian Of The Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozzyd View Post
Alo does HC affect the lock on of missles i was trying to shoot down the guys hogging the planes but missles took forever to lock on by which time they went out of range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeyjay View Post
the perks on vehicles make a difference if they have stealth on then it does take longer to get a lock maybe that was the cause.
Stingers / IGLAs are laughably ineffective since the patch, designated Javelins or .50 cals are the only real options.

That last game on Caspian was epic. 100 tickets down and half our team kicked for having a teamkilling party in the spawn and we managed to win.