Go Back   SFX > SFX > Anime

Old 28-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Eternal Champion

Default Re: What are you currently watching?

[QUOTE=Veela Magnet;928133]Absolutely loved it. It is slow, but in a good way. A nice antidote to the frenetic, kinetic breathlessness of Dreamworks and Pixar. And my friend said it was a surprisingly faithful adaptation of the first book (which I've never read).
QUOTE]

i've read the book and loved what they did with the story. it's faithful but also given the ghibli charm

on the subject of Ghibli,i've just watched Kiki's delivery service...such a classic
We took on the Romans, the Saxons, the Danes, the French, William Wallace, the Black Plague, the Roundheads, the Great Fire, Napoleon, the Nazis, and the Blitz, and we're still here. You terrorists are bloody amateurs

This is me

http://jvoportugal.wordpress.com/
Old 07-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Eternal Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEFALL View Post
on the subject of Ghibli,i've just watched Kiki's delivery service...such a classic
I know! Might be in my top three, along with Totoro and Porco Rosso. Hell, they're all amazing in their own way...

We're coming to the end of season 1 of Gunslinger Girl, and we just so happen to be re-watching Dollhouse (one of us has never seen it), and it's fascinating just how similar the shows are sometimes. I wonder if Joss drew much inspiriation from it?

Wondering whether to plough straight into season 2 of Gunslinger Girl or start a new series, as it's the only anime show we're watching at the mo. Up for suggestion are the two utterly disparate shows Azumanga Daioh and Evangelion. I've seen both, but my mates haven't. Might be neat to watch each of them in turn, as an antidote to the other, as they're such polar opposites...
Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Sentinel Of The Solar System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veela Magnet View Post
Wondering whether to plough straight into season 2 of Gunslinger Girl or start a new series, as it's the only anime show we're watching at the mo. Up for suggestion are the two utterly disparate shows Azumanga Daioh and Evangelion. I've seen both, but my mates haven't. Might be neat to watch each of them in turn, as an antidote to the other, as they're such polar opposites...
I've been warned off of the second season, as the animation is not as solid and there's reportedly a change in tone that some find uncomfortable.

If you want some fluffy fun, grab azumanga, you will love it. The only problem is the male teacher, Mr Kimura.... I find it kinda funny that if it was in the west, he'd probably be arrested or at least fired, but the japanes kinda expect people to put up with it.

Silver figure, the fire burns, purifies through the tragedy. See, A shiver deep, runs through the flesh and blood - penetrates
Old 09-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Eternal Champion

Just watched 2001 Nights...which is brillent

also watched Naruto sp season 8...my god it's just filler
We took on the Romans, the Saxons, the Danes, the French, William Wallace, the Black Plague, the Roundheads, the Great Fire, Napoleon, the Nazis, and the Blitz, and we're still here. You terrorists are bloody amateurs

This is me

Old 12-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Eternal Champion

It'll be filler for a long time iirc.
Old 15-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Eternal Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniz13 View Post
It'll be filler for a long time iirc.

i know, i know but then we have episodes of pure genius. like his fight with Sasake, which was litually the whole season of awesome

but in the end i did give up on Bleach...because i just couldn't take it anymore

oh and have just finished Samurai girls...tits, a strange storyline. not a classic. just a diversion

This is me

Old 15-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Eternal Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREEFALL View Post
i know, i know but then we have episodes of pure genius. like his fight with Sasake, which was litually the whole season of awesome

but in the end i did give up on Bleach...because i just couldn't take it anymore
I never got as far as the infamous filler part in Naruto, but its very presence put me off the show almost indefinitely. It's the same with Bleach; I know the show is meant to be all kinds of awesome, but the very idea of having to wade through/wait for filler to end fills me with dread. With One Piece, it's a little more sporadic, and except for one very important episode (christ knows why they put that episode at the end of a filler arc), you can literally just skip it.
Old 30-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Eternal Champion

just sat through rideback disc 1...you know it's nothing original. but it's not bad at all!

This is me

Old 11-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Owner Of A Lonely Heart

Black Butler anyone?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=602338288 - My boring Facebook if anyone wants to friend me

https://twitter.com/#!/walk_on_roses My even more boring twitter lol

http://shinigami22.deviantart.com/ and my Deviant Art just for the hell of it!
Old 24-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Eternal Champion

just finished the entire season of Reqium for the Phantom. based on a game i've never heard of. and thought it was really good

This is me