Go Back   SFX > SFX > Doctor Who and its spin-offs

Old 14-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Eternal Champion

Default Re: The SUN Dalek Story

I wonder if they are using that one Katy Manning got "Friendly" with back in the 70's? I'd probably give it a wash before using it as a prop on the show though
Old 14-04-2012, 02:28 PM
Master Of The Universe

That's no way to describe Katy!
Old 14-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Ruler Of Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisneufeld View Post
I've lost hours on the following website - very interesting and lets you know exactly what happened to all the Dalek parts

www.dalek6388.co.uk
I love that website, read it all in one day! (I know I'm a saddo Dalek fan)

I think it's great that you can actually track individual parts of Daleks from 1963 to 1988 based on the amount of damage and shoddy repairs each received. Its also amazing how little care was taken with the props!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Solo View Post
I wonder if they are using that one Katy Manning got "Friendly" with back in the 70's? I'd probably give it a wash before using it as a prop on the show though
They lost the bottom half of that in the 80s, so probably not. Still, could have been worse, could have been Jon Pertwee naked with a Dalek!

As I'm here posting (whatever happened to the Dalek thread?) - anyone get the suspicion this collection of old Daleks is a backhanded joke by Moff? As if to say "So, you don't like my new Daleks eh? Well then, lets just get as many old tatty one together as possible and you'll see just how poor they look in HD."

No? Ok, just me

Everyone expects The Fannish Inquisition!

Back on SFX Forum! But now I hear http://www.offtopica2.com is the place to go when SFX shuts it's doors for the last time.
Old 17-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Ruler Of Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdide View Post
I love that website, read it all in one day! (I know I'm a saddo Dalek fan)

I think it's great that you can actually track individual parts of Daleks from 1963 to 1988 based on the amount of damage and shoddy repairs each received. Its also amazing how little care was taken with the props!!!

They lost the bottom half of that in the 80s, so probably not. Still, could have been worse, could have been Jon Pertwee naked with a Dalek!

As I'm here posting (whatever happened to the Dalek thread?) - anyone get the suspicion this collection of old Daleks is a backhanded joke by Moff? As if to say "So, you don't like my new Daleks eh? Well then, lets just get as many old tatty one together as possible and you'll see just how poor they look in HD."

No? Ok, just me
A Dalek thread, sounds cool.
It is the sort of thing Moff does, I think.