Go Back   SFX > SFX > Doctor Who and its spin-offs

Old 14-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Eternal Champion

Default If Ace had been in The Sarah Jane Smith Adventures

In the latest issue of DWM and within a Sophie Aldred interview Russell T Davies mentions how he was planning on bringing back Ace to the show if it had continued.
We know from the Death of The Doctor episode that during a search for other companions of the Doctor, Sarah Jane discovered that a "Dorothy something" was alive and well and running a company called A Charitable Earth - the initials of which spell "ACE".
I was wondering what people thought that story might of been or what they would of liked to of seen?

I would of liked it to feature the 11th Doctor. RTD mentions how he might of even asked Sylvester McCoy to return in a flashback.

Oh what could of been...
Old 14-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Eternal Champion

Default Re: If Ace had been in The Sarah Jane Smith Adventures

I loved Ace when i watched Who back in the day, Mccoy is "my doctor", i would have loved to have seen her again. i can imagine her still having the the awesome jacket she wore on the show framed in glass, and be totally ballsey and no nonsense. i wondert how it woud have looked. i can see Luke going to the company for work expirence and them having some zany adventure. i can also see her mention and confirming the reason she left and that her eco work is also a cover for a system like Sarah Jane's monitoring life on earth
We took on the Romans, the Saxons, the Danes, the French, William Wallace, the Black Plague, the Roundheads, the Great Fire, Napoleon, the Nazis, and the Blitz, and we're still here. You terrorists are bloody amateurs

This is me

http://jvoportugal.wordpress.com/
Old 14-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Master Of The Universe

There is no reason why the Production team couldn't do something like this as a whole new, separate series, in the vein of the SJA.

They know a format that works, but with all new characters and location.
It would also handle the problem that SJA was starting to encounter - people too old to still be playing kids.

That way it would be a series in its own right, and not a re-formatted SJA.

It also wouldn't be disrespectful to the SJA, as carrying on with the same name and pushing a replacement into Bannerman Road might have been.
Old 14-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Eternal Champion

I think I'm actually glad that they haven't just sought to create an SJA-style spin-off as much as I think Sophie Aldred could do a lot with the character. In some ways although a fresh setting and cast it runs the risk of just being SJA Mk2. I know the production team are looking at something called Wizards Vs Aliens and perhaps change is just as good

I am Womble hear me roar!
Old 17-03-2012, 08:50 PM
God Of The Stratosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
There is no reason why the Production team couldn't do something like this as a whole new, separate series, in the vein of the SJA.

They know a format that works, but with all new characters and location.
It would also handle the problem that SJA was starting to encounter - people too old to still be playing kids.

That way it would be a series in its own right, and not a re-formatted SJA.

It also wouldn't be disrespectful to the SJA, as carrying on with the same name and pushing a replacement into Bannerman Road might have been.
Well I would watch.. sounds VERY plausable