Go Back   SFX > SFX > Read this first

Old 20-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Reviews Editor

Default Promoting goods and services on the SFX forum

Starting advertising threads is frowned upon on the SFX forum, and not appreciated by our users.

If you wish to promote a small scale or non-profit venture on our forum, there are two dedicated threads for the purpose.

This one is designed for the authors/publishers of small press/self published books:

This one covers all other ventures – small press comics, websites, fan films, blog sites etc:

If you wish to start a separate thread, please contact our editorial assistant Jordan (jordan.farley@futurenet.com) explaining the nature of the product/event (this includes requests for film extras, etc). He will get back to you letting you know if you have our approval. As a general rule, we will approve non-profit making or charity ventures but not profit-making ones. To advertise a commercial venture in SFX, contact our advertising manager Adrian Hill at adrian.hill@futurenet.com

Any user who posts spam links to goods or products of no direct relevance to SFX readers (ie not science fiction, fantasy or horror-related goods or events), either in the body of a post or in their sig is liable to have all their posts deleted and receive an immediate, permanent ban.

If you need to contact me, email ian.berriman@futurenet.com - I'm afraid I never check my personal messages.

"There's no point debating anything online. You might as well hurl shoes in the air to knock clouds from the sky." - Charlie Brooker