Man Of Steel breaks box office records, Loki skips The Avengers 2 and David Tennant wins an Emmy for The Clone Wars
• Man Of Steel has soared into the June record books in its opening weekend, making $125.2m for in theUS and over $70m internationally. Its financial success has already sparked rumours of a sequel and people waiting for a Justice League film will be happy to know that it may actually be on the way. [Via The Hollywood Reporter]
• Fans of Tom Hiddleston will be disappointed to hear that Loki will not be returning for The Avengers 2 according to writer-director Joss Whedon. [Via Coming Soon]
• Sony Tristar Pictures have released a new IMAX poster for Neill Blomkamp’s new
film, Elysium. [Via Coming Soon]
• A new poster for the Percy Jackson sequel has been debuted by 20th Century Fox. It features Annabeth, daughter of Athena, and goes alongside the two posters already released of Percy and Grover. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters will be in the cinemas in August. [Via Comic Book Movie]
• According to Coming Soon, Disney World in Floridais preparing for a new addition: Star Wars Land. Although we’ll have to be patient: it’s not expected to be open until 2017.
• The cast of Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy – directed by James Gunn – now includes John C. Reilly (Wreck-it Ralph) who will be playing Nova Corps leader Rhomann Dey. The cast also boasts Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Benicio Del Toro and Karen Gillan. Guardians Of The Galaxy is planned for August 2014. [Via Deadline]
• Film Music Reporter has released details about the soundtrack for the long anticipated Wolverine movie. With an original score by Marco Beltrami, who also did the music for World War Z, the soundtrack will be on sale in July just before the film, directed by James Mangold and starring Hugh Jackman.
• Star War: The Clone Wars has walked away with two Daytime Emmys. George Lucas picked up the award for Outstanding Special Class Animated Program and David Tennant won the Outstanding Performer in an Animated Program Emmy for his voice-over work as the droid Huyang. [Via IGN]
• As if new Thor, Captain America, The Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Ant-Man movies weren’t enough, Marvel have slated two new films expected in 2016 and 2017 as part of Marvel’s Phase 3. The heroes of the films are still a mystery but there is a lot of buzz that one of them could feature Doctor Strange. [Via Coming Soon]
• So the long wait for Game Of Thrones season four has begun. But thanks to The Hollywood Reporter, you can enjoy a bit more of Jon Snow, as you’ve never seen him before…
• In the build-up to Comic-Con 2013, one man PR machine Vin Diesel has put the poster for Riddick on his Facebook page. With the huge success of the Fast And Furious films, Diesel has over 43 million likes on the social media platform, meaning he can get publicity easier than some film companies! The third film in the franchise, Riddick sees Diesel return as the antihero left for dead on a planet fighting for his life. [Via Deadline]