SFX: The A-Z Of Star Trek – On Sale Now
The latest SFX Special Edition is now on sale (available until September).
The A-Z Of Star Trek comes with three official free gifts: a Starfleet insignia badge, an A2 Into Darkness poster, and a print based on the classic 1967 episode “Mirror, Mirror”.
The 124-page magazine is split into 26 sections (such as “N is for Next Generation” and “E is for Enterprise”). Covering every TV series and movie, it’s the ultimate guide to 47 years of the franchise.
- JJ Abrams and his collaborators talking about the new film.
- A rundown of Star Trek’s 50 Best Moments, as voted for by over 1000 fans.
- An in-depth look back at each of the first eleven movies.
- Overviews of all six TV series (including the Animated Series!).
- New interviews with: René Auberjonois (Odo), Brannon Braga (writer/producer), Bobby Clark (the Gorn!), Benedict Cumberbatch (John Harrison), John De Lancie (Q), Michael Dorn (Worf), Alice Eve (Carol Marcus), David Gerrold (original series writer), Ronald D Moore (writer/producer), Simon Pegg (Scotty), Robert Picardo (the holographic Doctor), Jeri Ryan (Seven Of Nine), Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi), Brent Spiner (Data), Connor Trinneer (Trip Tucker) and Nana Visitor (Kira Nerys).
- A guide to the best tie-in novels, written by fantasy author Tom Holt.
- A look at the sometimes wildly unfaithful ‘60s comics.
- Unmade adventures: the Trek TV series and movies that never made it to the screen.
- A history of the Mego toy range of the ‘70s.
- A pattern for knitting your own Vulcan hat!
- A fiendishly tricky “find the episode titles” picture puzzle!
- The records: from the singing careers of William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy to the disco versions of the theme tune and the musical homages.
- Redshirts: an infographic containing all the essential stats about the Enterprise’s disposable heroes.
- A discussion of Trek‘s depiction of homosexuality, featuring interviews with TV writers/producers Jane Espenson and Bryan Fuller.
Plus: a vintage interview with William Shatner, the movie spoofs, classic zingers, celebrity cameos, the slash fiction phenomenon, before-they-were-famous appearances, and more!
A note on repurposing: a four-page interview with William Shatner and a review of Galaxy Quest are taken from the SFX archives. All the other content is brand new.
Buy your iPad version via Newsstand*
We’re also available on Nook, Kindle Fire, Zinio and Google Play. And most digital formats give you a 30-day free trial (14 days on Nook) so you can try before you buy!
Update (6 June): Sorry, our supplies of print copies have now sold out!
* A note for Newsstand users. Click the link and you’ll be directed to SFX‘s page in the App Store – once there, install the SFX app, or – if you’ve done that already – hit “Open” to be taken to the SFX storefront.