• Robert Emms (War Horse, Kick-Ass 2) is the first piece of casting news for the BBC’s Merlin replacement, Atlantis. [via Digital Spy]
• Mama director Andy Muschietti is to helm Universal’s adaptation of the upcoming novel Bird Box by Josh Malerman, a member of the rock band The High Strung. The plot is said to follow “a blindfolded threesome comprised of a woman and two children who make their way down a river in a seemingly post-apocalyptic setting.” [via The Hollywood Reporter]
• Delroy Lindo (Congo, The Core, Up), Sienna Guillory (Love Actually, Jill Valentine in the Resident Evil films), Jamie Chung (Sucker Punch, Once Upon A Time) and newcomer Johnny Sequoyah (not a bloke) have joined Jake McLaughlin in the cast of Believe, the new TV pilot from JJ Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron. It’s about a girl, Bo (Sequoyah) who id developing powers that which reach their peak in seven years’ time. and the man, Tate (McLaughlin), who is sprung from prison to protect her from those trying to hunt her down. [via The Hollywood Reporter]
• The radical new TV version of Sleepy Hollow (currently in pilot stage from Fringe, Hawaii Five-0 and Star Trek scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci) has found its Ichabod Crane. He is Tom Mison, who starred alomgside Benedict Cumberbatch in the BBC’s Parade’s End, and Salmon Fishing In The Yemen. [via Deadline]
• Variety reports that Juliette Binoche is the latest name in talks to join Gareth Edwards’ reboot of the Godzilla franchise. The Three Colors trilogy star would potentially join Aaron Johnson, Bryan Cranston and Elizabeth Olsen for the 16 May 2014 release.
• Sony Pictures Animation has revealed the poster for Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2.