Fox’s Sleepy Hollow TV Pilot Has A Time Travel Element
Fox’s TV pilot for a new version of Sleepy Hollow (written and created by Fringe, Star Trek and Transformers scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci) looks like it’s going to be a pretty major overhaul of the much loved 19th century American classic by Washington Irving. According to The Hollywood Reporter, it’s going to feature time travel (shades of Rip Van Winkle, then… Irving’s other most fanous work).
The original story is about a superstitious schoolteacher, Ichabod Crane, who runs foul of a ghost known as the Headless Horseman. In the new show, Crane is a captain in the Revolutionary War who has been to hell and back. The former history professor finds himself catapulted to present day Sleepy Hollow, where he’s accused of the murder of a police officer and forced to prove not only his innocence but make a wary detective believe he’s a traveler from the 18th century.
The show has also announced its first couple of castings:
• Orlando Jones (Evolution) will Play Lt Frank Williams, the sternly professional detective transferred to Sleepy Hollow to investigate a double homicide.
• Katia Winter (Dexter) will play Crane’s wife in the 18th century.
• New JJ Abrams TV Pilot Believe Casts Male Lead
• AMC Commissions TV Adaptation Of Dan Simmons’ The Terror
• Confirmed! Rebekah Will Be A Regular In Vampire Diaries Spin-Off The Originals