• Mike Vogel (Cloverfield, TV’s Pan Am) has landed a leading role in CBS’s upcoming Stephen King television adaptation Under the Dome. He’ll be playing former Army Captain Dale “Barbie” Barbara. [via Deadline]
• Paramount Insurge is developing a low-budget film called Equinox, which is a sci-fi spin on the 1989 thriller Dead Calm. Simon Boyes and Adam Mason (Not Safe For Work) will provide the screenplay. Bryan Brucks and Stefan Sonnenfeld will produce. [via The Hollywood Reporter]
• According to Stanley Tucci, while he won’t be making a return as Dr Abraham Erskine in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Hayley Atwell (Peggy Carter) will be back for a cameo: “I know that Hayley is going back to do a flashback scene,” he tells Collider.
• It’s time for your close-up, Mr Rex. Cine1 has published a new poster for Jurassic Park 3D.
• Emily Bett Rickards, who plays computer whiz Felicity Smoak, has been made a series regular on Arrow and will play a larger role in the comic book drama’s second season, reports ET Online.
• MGM has acquired the rights to Richard Matheson’s classic sci-fi novel The Shrinking Man with the aim to remaking the classic 1957 film The Incredible Shrinking Man. Amazingly, Matheson, who turns 87 later this month, will pen the screenplay himself, with a little help from his son, Richard Matheson Jr. [via The Hollywood Reporter]
• DC has unveiled an online preview for its controversial new Constantine title. In case you weren’t aware, DC axed Hellblazer (a Vertigo title) with issue 300, and has created this book (a DC Universe title) to replace it. It’s going to have to work really hard to win over fans and convince them the move was worthwhile…