• New poster for Arrow, showing off its
pecs… praise. [via ComicBookMovie]. Plus, TV Fanatic has news that the Huntress will be returning to the show sooner than we expected: “We’re just writing that episode right now,” says executive producer Greg Berlanti. “We like to think of her as the crazy ex-girlfriend. So if you can only imagine the turns…her mission isn’t done or complete yet. She wanted to kill her Dad and he’s still alive.”
• Looks like TRON: Uprising, the cartoon TV series spin-off from TRON: Legacy, has been cancelled. Eric Canete, a designer on the show, yesterday Tweeted, “We’re gonna look back at this show & think, “We really had something there… It is, sadly, ending. Thank you for your viewership.” The show been getting great reviews, various awards nominations and a small but devoted fan base, but had struggled to find a large enough audience to justify its continuance.
• Principle photography for the Michael Bay (Teenage Mutant) Ninja Turtles is scheduled to begin in April in New York. [via Production Weekly]
• A few months back we reported on a Frankenstein TV series in development from the Skyfall director/writer pairing of Sam Mendes and John Logan. It has finally emerged with the title Penny Dreadful, a “psychosexual horror”, featuring such well-known horror characters as Dr Frankenstein and his creature, Dorian Gray and Van Helsing. “The series weaves together these classic horror origin stories as the characters grapple with their monstrous alienation,” says the press release from Showtime, the network that will be airing the show. [via Deadline]
• CBS has announced that its ambitious, 13-episode adaptation of Stephen King’s Under The Dome will premiere in the US on Monday 24 June. The first episode is written by Brian K. Vaughan, and directed by Niels Arden Oplev, who helmed the original Swedish version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. [via Deadline]