• HBO has released a teaser poster for Game Of Thrones season three. It’s not exactly packed with spoilers, but at least we know when it starts in the US now. Click on the image for a larger version (not that it reveals much more). [via JoBlo]
• While we’re on the subject, Tim Plester has been cast as Black Walder in season three of Game Of Thrones. Plester has appeared in loads of British telly (he was a servant in Doctor Who’s “A Christmas Carol”) and also appeared in sci-fi prison drama film Lockout and had a memorable encounter with an industrial microwave in Kick-Ass. In A Song Of Ice And Fire, his character is the great-grandson of Lord Walder Frey, and he’s called “Black” Walder on account of his hot temper and frightening demeanor. [via WinterIsComing]
• The creator of Skyfall’s opening title sequence, Daniel Kleinman, has posted his work on Vimeo so you can enjoy the audio-visual spectacular again without having to wait for the DVD and Blu-ray release.
• Debut director Tim Miller is set to direct an adaptation of Joe Haldeman’s short sci-fi tale, Seasons, reports Deadline. It’s the story of an ethnographic expedition to an alien world that goes terribly wrong.
• The brilliant The Sarah Jane Adventures story “The Curse Of Clyde Langer”, written by Phil Ford, won the Best Children’s TV Script category at the Writers’ Guild Awards. [via Doctor Who News]
• According to The Hollywood Reporter the casting of Harry Osborn in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has moved from looking for “atheltic” someone “dark and edgy.” Among those said to be up for the role are Brady Corbet (Martha Marcy May Marlene, Melancholia), Dane DeHaan (Chronicle, Lawless) and Alden Ehrenreich (Stoker, Beautiful Creatures).
• This is one those, “It’s happening in the US but no firm details of whether it’ll be happening in the UK” stories. Paramount Pictures has announced that the first nine minutes of footage from Star Trek Into Darkness will screen in 3D at IMAX theaters before showings of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. “Our longtime partners JJ Abrams, Bryan Burk and the Bad Robot team have really hit it out of the park – the footage is absolutely incredible,” said Greg Foster, Chairman and President, IMAX Filmed Entertainment. “Their use of the IMAX Camera and canvas is sure to impress current and future Star Trek fans alike, and we’re thrilled to once again work with our friends at Paramount Pictures to offer this extended ‘first look’ at this highly anticipated summer blockbuster.” [via Coming Soon]
• Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert and Good Universe have acquired franchise rights to Susan Ee’s bestselling Amazon Publishing book series Angelfall. Raimi and Tapert will produce with Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane executive producing. Set in a wold ravaged by the angels of the apocalypse it’s about a girl who rescue her sister with the reluctant help of a warrior angel who’s lost his wings. [via Coming Soon]
• ImNotObsessed has some very high quality pics from the filming of Thor: The Dark World, including some Dark Elves.