• NBC may not have scheduled the new season of Community yet, but to placate fans in the meantime has created The Community Horror Picture Show game for Halloween. Click here to play. And to be cruelly reminded what we’re missing.
• The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey is set (fittingly) to be the shortest Middle-earth film yet, director Peter Jackson tells Empire. “It’s looking like it’s going to be about ten minutes shorter than Fellowship was. So it’s going to be officially our shortest Middle-earth yet. I mean, Fellowship was just under three hours and this is about 2 hours 40 minutes at the moment.”
• Alphas star Ryan Cartwright (Gary) has landed himself a guest role in The Big Bang Theory. [via TVLine]
• TVLine has a few pics from the Halloween episode of The Vampire Diaries, “The Five” (which we’ll get to see in the UK on Monday 5 November), which also has flashbacks to Klaus and Elijah in 12th-century Italy.
• ComicBookMovie has posted a video and some pics of a snow-covered Japanese village set that’s been constructed for The Wolverine:
Can you spot the ninjas?
• The Mass Effect movie has a new writer – movie scripting newcomer Morgan David Foehl. [via Variety]
• Kit Harington tells Screencrush how excited he is about season three of Game Of Thrones: “Without giving anything away, it’s gonna be a high-impact season. HBO has thrown more money at it than they’ve ever thrown. Everyone’s story lines seems to have something which is just… I don’t know, I feel about Thrones that this season is gonna be kind of the iconic one. I don’t know if that’s going too far, but I don’t want to give anything away, but I’m genuinely very excited.” [via WinterIsComing]