• Tom Cruise is considering the lead role is an original science fiction movie called Our Name is Adam, from a script by TS Nowlin, best known for writing Agent 13. Our Name Is Adam is in development at Universal Pictures with Rupert Wyatt (Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes) rumoured to be directing and Charlize Theron attached to star. Mary Parent (Pleasantville, Pacific Rim) will produce. [via Variety]
• A new clip from Wreck-It Ralph (UK release: 15 February) shows some bad guys in therapy:
• Cinemarcado has posted five new stills from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.
• Fancy being a spy? A new viral Skyfall website is offering you the chance to earn your license to kill. Click here and say out loud the secret password to enter. (Hint: It’s four words and involves a deity and a monarch.) [via Coming Soon]
• The Dark Knight Rises cinematographer Wally Pfister isn’t a fan of Joss Whedon’s The Avengers movie. During an Q&A interview recently he said, “What’s really important is storytelling. None of it matters if it doesn’t support the story. I thought The Avengers was an appalling film. They’d shoot from some odd angle and I’d think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling.” Aw, diddums, did it beat your movie at the box office? [Arts Sarasota via ComicBookMovie]
• Zap2Ithas posted the official summary for Arrow episode 10, which seems to reveal that another DC supervillan, Firefly (aka, Garfield Lynn. left) will be appearing in the show: “In episode 110, Oliver will meet Garfield – a firefighter who was horribly burned three years ago, and never recovered from the trauma. Since then, he’s been abandoned by his wife and kids, and he’s now described as a ‘bitter, vengeful shell of a man.’ Meanwhile, the Starling City Fire Chief is also haunted by Garfield’s injury… since he’s the one who was forced to leave Garfield behind to burn.”
And while we’re in an Arrow frame of mind, here’s a new promo poster featuring – quelle surprise – a shirtless Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow. The CW certainly knows how to target its demographics…
• WinterIsComing.com has a great bunch of new behind-the-scenes photos from Game Of Thrones season three filming in Morocco. Click on the link for more.
• Andrew Gower, who played Cutler in series four of Being Human, will guest star in series four of Misfits, playing a character called Jake in episode four (he likes his fours). [via Cultbbox]