• James Cameron and his team are busy creating an ocean ecological system for the Avatar sequels but, he tells Coming Soon, the films won’t be set entirely at sea, and there is no direct connection between his recent own, real-life deep sea exploration exploits and the plots of the movies: “People have connected the dots directly together. ‘Oh, going to the Challenger Deep has a direct connection to what we’re going to see in Avatar 2,’ and that’s not the case at all. It’s all the scuba diving I did before I even started the deep ocean stuff that has more of a direct connection to Avatar 2 & 3, which by the way won’t take place completely in or under the water. That’s just part of the environment of Pandora that we’re going to see.”
• Talent agency manager, film producer and occasional actor Douglas Urbanski (The Social Network) has joined the cast of the RoboCop remake. He’ll play the Mayor of Detroit. [via The Hollywood Reporter]
• Chris Evans has revealed that filming on Captain America: The Winter Soldier will commence in March 2013. [via Comic Book Movie]
• Man Of Steel’s Amy Adams tells Collider that her version of Lois Lane may be less competitive with Clark than some earlier screen incarnations: “No, I think she is a little more…we will have to see. I don’t know. I mean, she is definitely a pistol still and she definitely gets herself in a lot of trouble still. But she is not as competitive, I would say, with Clark.”
• It may have been lounging for years in development hell, but a movie version of Brian K Vaughn’s seminal comic Y: The Last Man may be nearer a green light than ever before. According to Vulture’s sources, Y: The Last Man is now one of New Line’s first priorities. They are reportedly very pleased with the latest script, and have begun the process of meeting with potential directors for the movie.
• Arrow producer Andrew Kreisberg has told The Hollywood Reporter that he’s excited about the news the news that the CW is also developing a Wonder Woman show, and would love to see them airing on the same night, one after the other: “I think there’s totally room for both shows. It would be fun to share a night with them; the CW programmes two hours a night and that’d be a pretty kick-ass night of television. It harkens back to the years of my childhood where you had The Six Million Dollar Man and Wonder Woman and all these superhero-like genre shows all on the dial and all you had to do was change the channel.”
Tags: Arrow, Avatar, Avatar 2, Avatar 3, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Man Of Steel, Marvel Phase 2, Robocop, RoboCop Remake, Superman, Wonder Woman, Y The Last Man