• Maria Howell has been cast as Seeder in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. A former victor from District 11, Seeder competes in the 75th Annual Hunger Games. [via Coming Soon]
• Seems that The Grey director Joe Carnahan approached Fox with an idea of how to reboot Daredevil on the big screen, but Fox declined, leading IGN to speculate that Fox is going to let the rights to the character revert to Marvel.
• Marvel Movies boss Kevin Feige has been teasing what we can expect to see on the Blu-ray of Avengers Assemble: “Blu-rays are an incredibly important part of the movie process. We finished the big-screen release of The Avengers on the Tuesday and we started working on the Blu-ray on Wednesday. It was very immediate. There are a number of deleted scenes and a few storylines that fell by the wayside during the editing process for the big-screen release. However, we are very proud of these scenes and Joss Whedon is very proud of them, too. That’s why we’re excited that fans will be able to see them on Blu-ray. [There are] a few more scenes with the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill, played by Cobie Smulders… and some slightly different versions of Maria Hill and Nick Fury’s interaction with the World Security Council, which are great to watch – but there are a number of other fun scenes, too.” [via Comic Book Movie]
• Megan Gale – who was once set to play Wonder Woman in director George Miller’s mooted Justice League project before the movie was abandoned – has been cast in Mad Max: Fury Road (which is, of course, directed by George Miller). No details of her role as yet [via Moviehole]
• Alan Moore turned down “a huge amount of money” to endorse DC’s Before Watchmen comics. [LeftLion via Blastr]
• Benedict Cumberbatch describes performing the motion capture for the dragon Smaug in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit trilogy: “A 400-year-old fire-breathing worm who lives in the middle of a mountain on top of a pile of gold, who is three or four times bigger than the Empire State Building and can fly… It’s sort of a grey all-in-one jumpsuit, with a skullcap, a Madonna headset and Aboriginal-like face paint. You feel like a tit in all that gear but Peter is so lovely you soon forget.” [via The Telegraph]
• The Borg Queen, Alice Krige, is set to play a small role in Thor: The Dark World. [via Comic Book Movie]