• Colin Morgan tells EW.com that Merlin series five will focus more on the show’s core characters, and that they’ve all grown up. “It was always going to be a growing-up tale for all of us… the stories are more focused now on the legends that we’re going to become.” Katie McGrath adds, “It’s a three-year time-jump, so we’re all older… We were playing very early twenties at the start, now I feel like we’ve all started to play adults, which for us is a great change.”
• Newcomer Chris McCoy will rewrite the script for Marvel Studios’ Guardians Of The Galaxy. The first draft of the script was written by Nicole Periman. According to Heat Vision, McCoy’s unproduced scripts have impressed Marvel bosses with their quirky, comedic qualities.
• Jennifer Ehle (Contagion, The King’s Speech) is in talks to join the cast of Jose Padilha’s RoboCop. She would play a character named Liz Kline, new to the remake. [via Deadline]
• Warners Bros is trying to convince Russel Crowe to star as Roland Deschain in its ambitious multi-film-and-TV-series version of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower. [via Deadline]
• Legendary Pictures has brought in screenwriter Charles Leavitt to rewrite its World Of Warcraft movie. Variety adds that the company is now looking for a new director, Sam Raimi having passed on the project.
• X-Men scripter David Hayter is to make his directorial debut with werewolf film Wolves, starring X-Men: First Class’s Lucas Till. [via ShockTillYouDrop]
• Broadway actress Lynn Cohen has been cast as Mags in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, A former mentor to Finnick Odair, Mags is an 80-year-old Hunger Games victor from District 4. [via Coming Soon]
• Wolverine’s new haircut revelaled… [via Blastr, where there are a few more pics]