• Capcom has released new gameplay footage of Leon in action from Resident Evil 6.
• Steven Spielberg wants Thor star Chris Hemsworth to play the lead in Robopocalypse, the big screen adaptation of Daniel H Wilson’s book. [via Deadline]
• Breck Eisner (The Crazies, Sahara) has now been confirmed as the director of Relativity Media’s Stretch Armstrong. Lucky him. [via Coming Soon]
• Guillermo del Toro’s Hulk TV series is bubbling away in Development Hell. “I have had a couple of minutes with Marvel since Avengers,” he tells MTV, “and they have the screenplay. We’re waiting for a particular writer to do a rewrite on the pilot. That’s where we are right now. But we’re still on.”
• When is a reboot not a remake? Columbia Pictures President Doug Belgrad has told The Hollywood Reporter that the company is developing a new version of Jumanji, the 1995 film about a board game that comes to life. “”We’re going to try and reimagine Jumanji and update it for the present,” he says. Odd. We thought it had already been remade as Zathura.
• In the same interview, Belgrad also reveals that Marc Webb may not necessarily direct Amazing Spider-Man 2 (“We’d really like him back, but there are obstacles. He has an obligation to Fox” – Webb owes Fox a post-(500) Days of Summer film). And Men In Black is in development (“We’re very pleased with the financial performance of Men In Black 3, and we believe it is an ongoing franchise. We’re going to do [another one], but we don’t have clarity yet on how it should be done.”)