• Yvonne Strahovski moves forward from being one half of the sci-fi romance in Chuck and joins the cast of Dexter. [via Coming Soon]
• Hammer has begun principal photography on its next production after The Woman In Black, The Quiet Ones. It tells the story of a Professor who leads his students into taking part in creating a poltergeist from negative human energy. Cast includes Jared Harris and Sam Claflin. [via Coming Soon]
• The Woman In Black: Angels Of Death, the sequel to The Woman In Black is to be set during World War II with the arrival of soldiers to Eel Marsh Harsh awakening its darkest inhabitants. [via ShockTillYouDrop.com]
• Paramount Pictures plans to bring Libby Bray’s upcoming novel The Diviners to the screen. Based in New York City it has superstition, the occult and a secret power. [via Coming Soon]
• With True Blood season five now underway in the States, the vampire Authority is about to arrive in a big way. Episode two next Sunday introduces Authority boss Roman, played by Christopher Meloni, and Carolyn Hennesy, of Cougar Town fame, as one of his chancellors. Hennessey explains that they “are really trying to decide the fate of vampires all over the world: mainstream versus non-mainstream”.
• The Vampire Diaries showrunner Julie Plec tells TVLine that season four will be the “Season of Transition” (whatever that means).
• Collider gives us the first look (well not much of one) at the demon spawn of Bella and Edward, Renesmee, in Twilight: Breaking Dawn –Part 2.
• Photos from the set of the new sci-fi film from Tron Legacy director Joseph Kosinsky, Oblivion, emerged yesterday. The film stars Tom Cruise as a veteran soldier sent to a distant planet to destroy an alien race. Morgan Freeman, Olga Kurylenko and Game of Thrones kingslayer Nikolaj Coster-Waldau also star. [via Collider]
• Pulp, the low-budget Brit comedy about the comic publishing industry that impressed the audience at SFX Weekender 3, has been selected for the Just For Laughs comedy festival in Chicago and willl be screening on Thursday night. Not that the vast majority of you will be able to get there, but we like reporting on the fact that its having some success! We’re also told there should be an announcement soon – hopefully about distribution or a DVD release. [Click here for more information about Pulp]