Marvel TV Series News From Comic Con
Animated Hulk, live action Hulk, AKA Jessica Jones, Mockingbird and Cloak & Dagger
Loads of news about Marvel’s TV projects today from Marvel’s head of TV Jeph Loeb, revealed at San Diego Comic Con:
• Luke Cage (aka, Power Man) is coming to a screen near you… but not in his own series. Instead, Marvel’s working class hero will be part of the already announced AKA Jessica Jones, about a former superhero who retires after suffering post-traumatic disorder and decides to open up a private detective agency. No news yet on whether the ever eager Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa has nabbed the role of Luke Cage. Carol Danvers (aka Ms Marvel) will also be a part of the show.
• There’s an animated “team Hulk” show on the way, called (gloriously) Hulk And The Agents Of S.M.A.S.H. The team roster will comprise Green Hulk, Red Hulk, She-Hulk and A-Bomb. Excitingly, the genius behind much of Warners’ animated Batman output, Paul Dini, is helping to develop the show.
• Another new live action show is Mockingbird. In the comics, she’s Bobbi Morse, ex-agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and occasional Avenger. In the show she’ll be a science major living in Silicon Valley, recruited by a secret organization to be a spy. Loeb referred to the show as “Alias meets Felicity”.
• The live action Hulk show is still in development and apparently concentrates on the love story between Betty and Bruce. Beauty And The Part-Time Beast, anyone?
• Cloak & Dagger is also in very early stages of development, but will be about about “two teenagers who find each other and realise their powers complement and complicate their lives.” It would be set in the post-Katrina New Orleans.