Batman Year One Animated Trailer
Legendary Frank Miller origin story gets the animated Batman makeover, with Eliza Dushku as Catwoman
Comics legend Frank Miller’s classic retelling of Batman’s gritty, formative days makes its full-length animated debut in Batman: Year One, the next entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original Movies. Produced by Warner Premiere, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros Animation, the all-new, PG-13 rated is released in October on Blu-ray and DVD.
Batman: Year One is based on the landmark 1987 DC Comics titles from 12-time Eisner Award winner Frank Miller and illustrator David Mazzucchelli. The film depicts young Bruce Wayne’s return to Gotham City in his first attempts to fight injustice as a costumed vigilante. The playboy billionaire chooses the guise of a giant bat to combat crime, creates an early bond with a young Lieutenant James Gordon (who is already battling corruption from inside the police department), inadvertently plays a role in the birth of Catwoman, and helps to bring down a crooked political system that infests Gotham.
Actors Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Ben McKenzie (Southland, The OC), Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse, Buffy The Vampire Slayer) and Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica) provide the voices for young Jim Gordon, Bruce Wayne, Selina Kyle/Catwoman and Detective Sarah Essen respectively. Alex Rocco (The Godfather) is the voice of crime lord Carmine Falcone.
Batman: Year One Blu-ray™ Combo Pack has almost three hours of content, including:
• The film itself
• Sneak Peek at Justice League: Doom, the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie
• DC Showcase Animated Original Short: Catwoman: This all-new entry to the growing canon of DC Universe animated shorts features the first first solo tale centered around Catwoman. The felonious feline’s adventure takes her through the seedy streets of Gotham City.
• Featurette –Heart of Vengeance: Returning Batman to His Roots: documentary about Frank Miller.
• Featurette – Conversations with DC Comics: The Batman creative team at DC Entertainment discusses the personal influence of Batman: Year One on their careers.
• Audio Commentary with Alan Burnett, Sam Liu, Mike Carlin and Andrea Romano
• Batman: Year One, Chapter 1 – digital comic book
• Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Animated Series, handpicked by showrunner Bruce Timm
• Digital copy on disc of the feature film compatible with iTunes and Windows